I believe that teachers absolutely can not stand the sight of a closed door. I’m not sure if they feel like they can go anywhere they want because they are a teacher or if it’s a genuine sickness but I have learned to enjoy the phenomenom. My favorite is when I don’t answer the knocks, a teacher busts in the door and when I ask them if they need help they say “no, I’m all set”. These instances led me to create the Lunch Time Door Game.
- Close the door to your office – preferably while eating lunch
- Do not answer any knocks
- See how many people open the door despite not being invited
Points are awarded based on the reason for entry and how many knocks.
- Legit IT emergency – No points becaue you are being a jerk
- Copy Machine issue – 5 points
- Petty IT issue – 7 points
- Anything that could wait till next week – 10 points
- No reason to open door – the golden goose of the Lunch Time Door Game – 25 points
Knock bonus points::
Add one point for each knock before entering
My best day was 3 entries:
- 1 Copy Machine issue (5 points)
- 1 Petty IT Issue ( 7 points)
- A No Reason! ( 25 points)
The copy machine and petty IT issue were 0 knocks but the No Reason was 4 knocks!
High Score: 41 points.